Thursday 15 March 2012

Oops!

Drawing captures your being 'til you loose track of time. My shot alarm didn't get set, and then it malfunctioned so my shots were really messed up.

Here is one of the last three charcoal portraits - I didn't get photos of the other two.

Bahamian women are so beautiful that charcoal and white chalk just can't capture that sparkle. They are impeccably groomed. Just the right amount of make-up, every hair in place, interesting clothing, but the most important thing is that they all look so happy. Hugs and laughter everywhere.

Wish I had time to do oil portraits. The skin tones are luscious.

Dr. Clement was at the clinic today, two weeks after a hip replacement. No cane. Chipper as could be. So glad I got to see him again before I leave.

The Bahamian patient, who was in such bad shape when he arrived, walked into the Clinic unaided. Before, he needed two people to help him move about. He was regaling folks with stories about the islands - with his most beautiful voice. I can't look at him and not be reminded of Harry Belafonte. He looked foxy today. It is hard to believe the incredibly fast improvement in patients. His wife and sister dote on him.

The Amish man enjoys the beach and doesn't look like the same man that came here. No kidding, I wouldn't have believed that either one of them would make it. Such improvement in so few days. Outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment