Tuesday 6 March 2012

Great news

It seems as though, if you drag a body part across the touch pad on my computer it will send your blog off into never, never land. The last entry just disappeared.
No loss, just nonsense about the date palms dancing in the approaching tropical storm, like a Cirque du Soliel show.

After reviewing my lab results for the last month the Dr. said that I could go home a week from Sat. Two weeks early. My blood work was normal. I will need to come back four to six months from now to check the progress and pick up more serum. The shots will continue after I leave here.

Monday means new people. The waiting room is packed. We have three Amish folks, a retread that says he is five years old. He was told he was dying five years ago. He lived and started counting all over.
We have twenty years, twenty-five years. ten years of rebirth. Most impressive.

Someone said, "it is so good that the patients can afford to take the treatment". When putting the pen to paper I discovered that it would be cheaper to be treated in the Bahamas than go through the US cancer protocol. That costs about $800,000. You know the insurance isn't going to pay all of that. Much is not covered by Medicare, and there is that nasty doughnut hole pharmacy joke. Then you end up with horrible side effects and it takes a long time for your body to recover. If you recover it takes at least a year out of your life. This will take six weeks. I feel better than I have in many years, even though I just had a double mastectomy less than two months ago. My allergies have improved . More about that discussion later.

Gotta snooze,
Love,
Saltness

Oh, I painted another beach scene. Will photograph it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment