Saturday 10 March 2012

Happy Cows and Pigeon Peas

"The cows run up to the fence with their mouths wide open and we toss them the doughnuts." The Amish gather out of date food from grocery stores and restaurants to feed their cattle. Someone asked if they like sprinkles.

The Amish patient looks better and better, no longer coughing. He is smiling instead.

A new Bahamian patient is just getting settled in. I am betting he will throw away his cane very soon.

They have strange fish here. We had "fish fingers" tonight at a fishing contest at a yacht club. What a crowd. The Bahamians love to party. Lots of very loud music, jumping castles with water, toss the ball and the guy falls in the water, and great atmosphere.

The typical Bahamian dinner has mac and cheese (very solid and cut in a square) cole slaw, brown rice and peas (Pigeon Peas that looked like black beans to me). They dished up more food than anyone could eat. Harley, the Potcake dog had a feast when we got home.

La Caya is the touristy place where they have a "Straw Market" tiny stalls of souvenirs and hand made crafts. One Bahamian lady was so nice to me when I told her I was a patient at IAT. She gave me a big hug. My eyes have just got to stop leaking when people are surprisingly nice.

It has been two months since surgery and I still haven't tried on my prosthesis. Braless feels good.

Five weeks without a car. Can't wait to see my PT Cruiser.
My plane reservations are for the 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment